Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S20 update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to the Samsung Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus, and Galaxy S20 Ultra. We’ll detail the current software versions for each device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. Samsung usually pushes out updates to the entire series, but this may vary per variant and carrier.
- Current stable version: Android 11
- When will the Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Ultra get Android 12? January 2022 (Estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Ultra updates
September 3, 2021: The Galaxy S20 series is gaining the September 2021 Android security patch in Europe. Per SamMobile, the update packs firmware version G98xxXXSADUH5. Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear that anything else of note is in the update package. Still, it’s nice to see Samsung keeping its older flagships up-to-date.
It’s unclear when the update will be available in other regions. To check if the update’s available for your device head to Settings > Software update and tap on Download and install.
Previous Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Ultra updates
- July 6, 2021: The Galaxy S20 series is gaining the July 2021 Android security patch in Germany. Per SamMobile, the update packs firmware version G98xFXXU8DUF9 for LTE models, and G98xBXXU8DUF9 for 5G flavors. In addition, the patch should include a fix to annoying Android Auto crashing issues initially reported by 9to5Google.
- May 31, 2021: The Galaxy S20 series gained the June 2021 security patch with firmware G98xxXXS8DUE4 (h/t SamMobile).
- April 29, 2021: According to SamMobile, the latest update bears firmware version G98xxXXU7DUDB and includes camera performance improvements and enhancements to Quick Share. It also has the May 2021 security patch. The update weighs in at a hefty 626MB, too.
- March 1, 2021: Samsung started pushing out the One UI 3.1 update to unlocked US-based handsets (h/t SamMobile). In addition to the new software, the update also brought with it the March security patch.
- January 2021: Samsung rolled out the first update of the year to the Galaxy S20 series. It brought with it the January 2021 Android security patch. Per 9to5Google, the changelog didn’t describe many changes beyond this. The update itself weighed in at around 235MB. At the end of January, Samsung pushed the February 2021 security update to handsets in Europe and the UK. Phones in the US saw it in early February.
If you’ve spotted a Samsung Galaxy S20 update that we haven’t, tip us! Looking for another update? Be sure to visit our Android 11 update tracker.