three hours in the past
👋 Good morning, Nick right here overlaying for Tristan. His out of workplace e mail talked about one thing about Espresso Addicts Nameless, however I’m unsure I’m supposed to say that.
New Floor units coming September 22
Earlier this week we bought an official launch date for Home windows 11, however Microsoft has one thing else in retailer that’s taking place even sooner.
An all-digital event will likely be held on September 22 at 11am ET (save the date here), and though the corporate hasn’t explicitly acknowledged what it’s for, it isn’t too arduous to guess.
- The media invite says they’ll speak about “units and Home windows 11,” and because it’s Microsoft, meaning new Floor units.
- The invite picture (seen above) reveals a brand new Floor Professional, which follows the business-oriented Floor Professional 7 launched earlier this yr.
- The corporate can be tipped to launch a brand new product within the Floor E book lineup, however this time with a key distinction.
- If patents prove to be correct, it’ll ditch the removable display screen design for a brand new folding mechanism, and it would even drop the Floor E book branding.
However what we’re actually trying ahead to is the Floor Duo 2.
- Final yr’s Surface Duo smartphone was actually bold, however deeply flawed.
- Microsoft’s imaginative and prescient of a dual-screen folding machine was a singular tackle the way forward for cell units, however on launch the software program was buggy and borderline unusable.
- Basically, it was a prototype masquerading as a client product priced at practically $1,400.
- Whereas we haven’t heard something concerning the new machine fixing these shortcomings, a leaked image a few months ago does no less than present an enhanced exterior digicam module.
- The unique Floor Duo didn’t characteristic any exterior digicam in any respect. The concept was to open the display screen and use the inner selfie digicam, however the outcomes had been middling at greatest.
- That mentioned, the true query is whether or not or not Microsoft can repair the software program and discover compelling use circumstances for the dual-screen design.
- Specs and pricing to compete with actual client folding units just like the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3 wouldn’t harm, both.
Edgar Cervantes / Android Authority
At this time is the anniversary of Google Chrome’s first public launch on September 2, 2008. Granted, it was nonetheless in beta and restricted to only Home windows units. A steady launch for Home windows, OS X, and Linux wouldn’t be obtainable till Might 2010.
Regardless of Google’s backing, Chrome barely managed to scratch 1% market share till nicely into 2009. At this time more than 60% of the world uses Chrome, with the one notable competitors coming from Apple’s Safari.
And who headed improvement of this new internet browser? A comparatively new rent by the identify of Sundar Pichai.
Tristan is again on the helm tomorrow with the most recent tech information.
Nick Fernandez, Editor
Daily Authority: Is Windows 11 ready? 📆
The Daily Authority