The present entry-level Kindle, and $9 decrease than the $80 sale worth at which the Paperwhite typically hovers.e-reader has , $59 off its checklist worth of $130. The worth drop — out there Sunday solely — is the bottom worth we have ever seen on this model of the Paperwhite, which was launched in November 2018. That is really $19 lower than the step-down
When you’re searching for somebody who’s searching for a Amazon’s line, and an enthusiastic CNET Editors’ Selection. Here is why we find it irresistible:, it is a nice deal. The Paperwhite is the Goldilocks in
- It is 10% thinner and lighter than the earlier model.
- It has a “flush-front” design with a again manufactured from a softer, grippy materials as an alternative of onerous plastic.
- It is absolutely waterproof, just like the high-end , and has a plastic display that Amazon says is shatter- and scratch-resistant.
- It has built-in Bluetooth for integration with Amazon’s Audible audiobook service.
- Whereas the Kindle app is obtainable on telephones and tablets, the Kindle gives weeks-long battery life and a paper-like display you can learn in direct daylight.
You’ll be able to select to get the Paperwhite with three free months of theservice (assume “Netflix for books”) or not. Moreover, you may reap the benefits of Amazon’s trade-in provide, which may knock as much as 20% off the already low worth.
It is at all times potential that Amazon will replace the Paperwhite this yr or subsequent, however it’s unclear when or how a lot of an improve will probably be. As an example, USB-C charging might be added and maybe the lighting scheme might be up to date. The system may additionally get barely thinner.
Learn the complete.
Originally published last year. Updated with new sale price.